What Is Education Outreach?
Organizations sponsor branded Education Outreach programs to benefit a target audience and build goodwill in the community.
Like Cause Marketing and Strategic Philanthropy, Education Outreach is an effort by a sponsoring organization to give back to the community. The effort can be a single program or an ongoing campaign.
Broadly, the goal is contribute to education in schools, homes and communities. Specifically, the sponsor selects the audience and a theme consistent with its brand and mission.
The audience could be teachers and students in any selected age range, from elementary school to college or adult continuing education. The audience also could be families, employees, members, fans of a sports team, or the community at large.
Programs may include:
- Educational materials that teach about the theme in a manner appropriate to the audience
- Student learning guides that present a curriculum tied to national standards with age-appropriate narrative in an engaging graphic design
- Teacher guides with standards-based lesson plans and classroom activities
- Contests and awards that create excitement around the theme
- Events that take place in the community or virtual events online
- Volunteer opportunities related to the theme
- Marketing, public relations and advertising to promote the program and the sponsor
Sponsors of Education Outreach programs developed by Hollister Creative have included corporations, foundations, professional sports teams, trade associations and nonprofits, including museums and other cultural organizations.
Want to know more or find out how Hollister Creative can develop an Education Outreach program for you?
Contact Peter Landry at 484.829.0021 or [email protected].
Who sponsors Education Outreach programs?
Sponsors have included:
- American Exhibitions
- Cargill International
- Detroit Tigers Foundation
- Ford Motor Company Fund
- Franklin Institute
- Penn Museum
- Philadelphia Phillies
- National School Climate Center
- Newspaper Association of America Foundation